English programmes for Professional People
Club 8 Programmes
These are a high-intensive language courses in a group of a maximum of 8 students. Frances King identifies the needs and interests of each individual in the group and adapt your English programme to reflect these. Club 8 courses are typically for working people.
On this language course you will focus on achieving confident and effective spoken English for your everyday social, study or work needs. You will develop the communication skills needed in today's international environment. The course also develops your everyday English, pronunciation and grammar, together with reading and writing skills for work, travel and social situations.
In Elective Classes, students can choose courses related to their specific objectives and their English level. Frances King's Elective options are:
- Social English for everyday life
- English for work and business
- Culture, Arts and Media
- English for the Oil and Gas Industry
Two days a week you can enjoy a light lunch in small groups with Frances King staff or other native guest speakers.
Club 8 Combination Course
By adding One-to-One tuition to the Club 8 Intensive course you can concentrate on a particular skill, area of language, or work project. Choose from 2 to 10 individual lessons per week to optimise your learning time in London.
This course designed for law students and recently qualified lawyers. The Legal English element of the course focuses on the language skills needed for communication in a legal setting. The course also aims to expand your legal vocabulary for both criminal and civil law.
This course focuses on confidence-building business element of the course focuses on language skills for the business world, including telephoning, negotiating, attending meetings, giving presentations and writing reports and email. The course covers business vocabulary for areas such as marketing, finance management and E-commerce.
Sample Course Schedule
|Club 8 Programmes|
Period A-1: Professional English
Period A-2: Business English
Period A-3: Legal English
|13:00-14:00||Period B: Lunch Club (Twice a week)|
|14:00-16:00||Period C: Electives||no classes|
- Club 8 Super Intensive = 28 lessons / week = Period A-1+B+C
- Club 8 Business English = 28 lessons / week = Period A-2+B+C
- Club 8 Legal English = 28 lessons / week = Period A-3+B+C
- Club 8 Intensive = 20 lessons / week = Period A-1
- Club 8 Combination = Period A + one-to-one lessons by arrangement
- 1 lesson = 50 minutes
- Course plans are subject to change
- During the summer, Please note that confirmation centre allocated is only for registration and testing, School location cannot be guaranteed
Club 8 English Course Features
- Maximum five to eight students per class
- Needs analysis and personal tutorials ensure individual attention
- Teachers experienced in English language teaching and the business and professional world
- More speaking time and more correction of your errors
- A higher minimum age
- Special social events for course participants