Prepare your English
Before you come to London we advise you to...
- Listen to English - spend some time every day or week listening to English on TV, radio or videos.
- Bring with you: a small English bi-lingual dictionary, a good English-English learners' and a portable radio player.
- Read English magazines, newspapers or language learning magazines - or read a favourite book in English.
- Decide what you need to practise and what you need to learn during your stay in England.
- Plan your time in England... youwill need time to practise your English informally, but also time to do your homework, revise and organise your notes.
- Learn some useful phrases for when you first arrive.
- Learn some facts and figures about your own country, city and culture - other students will be interested to hear about it from you in English.
- If this is your first visit to London, get a guide book - studying this will make it easier for you when you get here.